Thursday, February 2, 2012

Feed me Theodore.. FEED MEEE!

FEED ME THEODORE!

Sorry it's taken a little longer to post than I usually take.  I came down with a nasty sinus infection earlier in the week, and I was laid up for half the week.  So needless to say I've got nothing done on the layout till today.

Today I started working on laying roadbed in preparation of installing track on the helix, and hopefully testing it out by running some engines up and down it to make sure it works as planned.  What I've come to realize is a helix will eat up large amounts of track and roadbed.  I feel like Seymour in Little Shop of Horrors: the more I lay roadbed and track, the more roadbed and track I need to finish it!  I will use up one whole box of cork and all the flex I have purchased to date on this helix alone. 

Roadbed progresses on... and on...
I'm hoping by the end of this weekend I will have some trains running up and down the helix to test it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment