Sunday, May 27, 2012

Extra days off.. Thanks Heat Miser!

Thanks to Mr. Heat Miser, we received a nice end of year present at work. Since we had a warm, mild winter here in the NYC Metro area, we did not use the two snow days built into the school year calender. So we were given two extra days off for the Memorial Day Weekend. We're off from Friday-Tuesday. 


The Hot Man himself. ;)
The two extra days are much appreciated especially since the end of the school year is the most hectic part of the year.  My students have competitions, competency testing (written and practical) to pass for graduation from my Baking/Pastry Arts Program, final exams, shop clean-up and general getting ready for the summer shutdown.. so in short, it's a very stressful time of year and I'm glad for the extra time off.  (I know, I hear all you wise asses out there playing your tiny violins playing cry me a river..  :p)

I have some extra time to relax and work on the layout.  Today I caulked down the rest of the track in the helix and started laying and caulking down track, and cutting in switches on the lower level.



Track and switches installed on part of the lower level.

I also finished gluing down the rest of the cork sheets in the York Yard sections.  Baring any spontaneous BBQ's tomorrow, I should be able to get more done.  We'll see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment