I've been working on building up my scenery skills, and when I have some more scenes finished that I'm happy with I'll post some pics to the blog.
Two items that have been causing delays in getting operations started have been addressed: the two potable staging modules have been fitted and are ready to go, and two trouble spots that had been plaguing train operations have been fixed after much time looking for solutions.
|This section going into B Yard had a hump in it that would cause cars to uncouple. I found the solution to be shimming the blue board from underneath one of the cross braces.|
|I also pulled up some of the track and switches to shave down the cork at the joint between the two modules.|
|Number 42 and this curved turnout did not get along. After much testing I finally figured out the gaps at the frog were too big and that's where 42 was derailing. I filled them with styrene strip and now 42 passes through with no problems.|
|The staging modules at Red Lion. Note the manual turntable to turn engines for the return run.|
|Long time readers will be happy to see El Sombrero is still hanging around. ;)|
|This shot shows both York and Red Lion staging modules installed.|
So, things are still moving along on the Ma & Pa and I'm hoping to schedule another shakedown op session within the next month.