Thursday, January 24, 2013

"I have spent my whole life trying to figure out crazy ways of doing things." - Montgomery Scott, Chief Engineer USS Enterprise

I've been working out a location to centralize all of the layout controls. I've set up the command station, circuit breaker panels, and section power switches along with short indicators in one spot in the center of the whole layout run.



The layout is broken down into 4 power districts.  I built this panel which has rocker switches that light up green when the power is on in each section.  I have red LED's below the switches and they light up when a Powershield circuit breaker trips because of a short in the section it's protecting. 



I had some wood frames that came with some machinery delivered to my shop at work.  I held onto them with the thought they could be re-purposed in the future.  I used one here to make hanging shelves to hold some of the electronic equipment for the layout.  Here you see one of the LED light power supplies, and the NCE DCC command station.



Command central- the brains of my Ma & Pa layout.  I'm hopping to pick up some radio equipment for the NCE system this coming weekend at the Amhearst Society Train Show in Springfield MA, and will install it here too.

I'll be up at the Amhearst Society Train Show in Springfield MA at The Big E Fairgrounds (http://www.railroadhobbyshow.com) helping out my friend Tom Callan, from Shortline Hobbies, so if you're at the show, stop by his table in the Mallory Building and say hi to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment