Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ordo ab chao (out of chaos, comes order)

This week I tackled the last section of the layout that needs feeders connected to the DCC bus.  The York yard section has the most feeders out of any section of the layout (obviously because it's a yard) but I finished tying them all into the DCC power bus in short order.  Now, with the exception of the York Station module, the whole layout is wired.


I mentioned in another post I was using 3m Scotchlock connectors, but that's not entirely correct.  The 3m connectors go for around $40 for a box of 50.  These are from Harbor Freight and a package of 50 (25 red, 25 blue) goes for $4.99.  They work very well and I used them all over the layout.

The chaos.. a sea of feeders as far as one can see..


And the order.. The connectors really make it a simple, fast and neat way to connect your wiring together.

Next, I took out the masonite board that the Powersheild circuit breakers were mounted to along with a RRAMP meter.  These components came from my old L&HR N-Scale layout.  I mounted it in a trial location but this might change once I start to tie the DCC command station into the layout.


The DCC Powershield circuit breaker boards in a trial location. 


This is the circuit breaker board I had on my old L&HR layout.  Everything worked well and I saved it for future use on a new layout.  Now, if I could only remember where all those loose wires were supposed to go...

Coming in the next couple of weeks will be installation of the NCE DCC components and UTP panels along with the cables connecting them.  Maybe the layout will be operational by the end of February?  Could be.. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment