Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"It's Deja Vu All Over Again"- Yogi Berra

I'm progressing along quickly with the bus wires and with connecting feeders to them.  I'm 2/3rds finished with this part of the wiring project.  


Top level.  Here you see the feeder connections and the Power Werx, Powerpole connectors that connect each section.


Here we see under the bottom level.  I'm using the 3m Scotch Lock connectors to tie the feeders into the bus wires.

I'm finding that all to familiar, but funny Yogi-ism rearing it's ugly head again..  I thought I had more than enough 14 gauge wire to get up to the helix on both levels, and of course, I don't.  Also, as I look over the helix, I'm trying to figure how much more I need and I'm remembering how much track it ate up, so I'll bet whatever I figure, it will come up short.  We'll see..

Also in the vein of that Yogi-ism, I brought back one of the blogs I dropped from my roll, The Georgetown Branch- 2010, since it's comeback alive.  Kelly has done some updates to his layout and it's looking good! http://georgetownbranch.blogspot.com/

I've also added some new blogs that I've been following for about month and I feel they are very informative:

Charles Hostetler's blog-  CNW Modeling in Milwaukee, 1957  http://cnwmodeling.blogspot.com/ has a lot of prototype research, especially waybills, freight car types and their uses.

Everyone should be familiar with Don Ball and his Stockton & Copperopolis Railroad set in 1895.  http://sandcrr.blogspot.com/  Don is both a prolific modeler and writer, and he has had many articles published in the hobby press through out the years. 

Volkmar Meier is a American prototype traction modeler who lives in France.  Besides the fact I'm a closet traction buff and modeler, I think this blog is fantastic because of all the work he's doing with 3D printing!  http://interurban.blogspot.com/

3 blogs on the blog roll are on the warning track (keeping with the baseball theme) with each of them up over two months since the last update.  We'll see what happens with them in the next month.  The Commodore is safe.. for now. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment