Wednesday, December 21, 2011

No work on the layout Sunday, just ran trains..

This past Sunday I took the day off from building in order to participate in an op session on my friend Ted Pamperin's  C&O New River and Alleghany Subdivision layout.  He models from Alleghany to Clifton Forge WV and also models a good portion of the Manns Creek RR in HOn3 with an active interchange between the two railroads. I'm a regular operator there (you will usually see me operating the west end of Hinton Yard) and he runs the third Sunday of the month.  Though I didn't get anything done Sunday on my layout, it's always a welcome break to get out and run some trains on someone else's layout. 

Ted's layout is well designed and lots of fun to operate on.

Sewell WV at the coal loader and coke plant.

Same place at Sewell looking towards the Manns Creek RR interchange.

The engine house at Thurmond WV.
My friend Ralph Heiss took some nice pictures at the op session and I will post them one day when he sends them to me.  If you ever have the chance to see Ted Pamperin's C&O I'd highly recommend you do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment