Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sandy's aftermath..

I thought I'd share some pictures of some of the damage Hurricane Sandy caused around our town.  

We were blocked in from both directions and the only way I was able to get out and check on my mother who lives 2.5 miles away was to ride my bicycle to her house.

The pole almost snapped.

This was a common scene around the harbor.  Lots of downed trees and power lines.

Boats from the Viking Marina were picked up and literally stuffed into NJ Transit's Morgan Draw Bridge.  I counted 3 and I've seen pictures that show a shipping container too.

The Viking Marina was destroyed.

The lot in the foreground was full of dry docked boats.  Not one boat was left in this lot.  They were washed back into the water and onto the opposite bank of the Cheesequake Creek.

Boats litter the banks of the Cheesequake Creek.  Scenes like this were seen up and down Rt. 35 at all the marinas along the bay.


The power has been back on for one week now and I've been busy catching up with work on the layout, so I will post a progress report very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment