Monday, April 27, 2015

More Paper Buildings part 2...

After talking with my friend Dick Bradley via the comments I decided to go back and see if I can work out a way to get white window panes.  What I wound up doing was taking the window drawing and opening up in Photo Shop.  Using the invert function to change the black panes to white, and the window glass to black.  I then cropped the picture and saved it as a tif file.  I then copied the window and pasted it onto the hotel drawing replacing the black ones.  


The modifications complete and I like the way it looks.

Dick also asked about what pictures I used to get the look I was trying to achieve so I'll share them here.  Art Kuperstein, editor of the Society's Timetable magazine provided these to me and they were a big help.








Last night I was OK with 85% accurate, but today I think I got it close to 90% and I'm pleased. :)


2 comments:

  1. I have a post prepared for next week on Model Builder software using some examples of structures I played around with... nothing prototypical like this, but more experimental technique-wise... this seems spot on, but to give it some depth and bring it alive, try adding shading and shadows... especially under the front porch and at any projections and recesses like the window casing or cornice... it will make the structure 'pop'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim,

    I'm going to try and play around with doing that in Photoshop. Paint does not have any functions to achieve that from what I can see. I'm still learning in Photoshop but we'll see what I can do. ;)

    Ted

    ReplyDelete