Sunday, April 26, 2015

More Paper Buildings...

I made a new friend a couple of months ago online.  He is a reader of this blog and his name is Paul Egri.  Paul saw my efforts in using Clever Models textures to make buildings and offered advice and help.  We talked on the phone and through email and I've learned a lot how to use the Clever textures to make custom buildings with Windows Paint.  That's right, Paint.  After a little practice I think I'm getting the hang of it.  Today I spent about 5 hours on and off working on a flat of the hotel in Yoe and I submit it here for your approval.  It's not 100% accurate, but I'll take 85% and call it a day. ;)


I need to add a few more small details but I think it came out good and I enjoyed working on it.  Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of good looking work. I wish that you had posted the prototype information you are using. Looking at both Art's photo which you used as puzzle #3 and the back of the Spring 2014 'Timetable", both images more modern that your layout, I see white window frames and sashes. The black ones seem to me to lack light feeling of the building. Again I am reminded of the bright early summer skylight in York County and how hard it is to capture in a model. Dick Bradley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dick,

    I haven't found any window drawings that have the white window frames so I had to go with the black ones. I'd really like to have them white. One option I might experiment with tonight is to try making it a negative image through Photoshop. That way the black would light and the window glass dark. I'll let you know how it turns out. I might do another post with some of the other images Art had provided me from older photos showing the original building.

    Ted

    ReplyDelete