Monday, November 21, 2011

Progress.. Even if it's a little bit at a time..

I don't know if it counts but I think the streak stays alive though I only managed two small projects yesterday.  First I tested laying out both radii helix curves and tried to see how they fit together and more importantly how will they overlap.

Here is what the helix test sections looked like layed out on the floor.

I'm pretty comfortable with how I think the whole helix will go together, so it's just a matter of getting the guys down here so I can put this sucker together.  Hopefully I won't hear "Don't worry, it's only Ted's Layout" too often when they are here.  It's always a little unnerving even though we say that at everyone's house joking around. :)  The helix will be the most critical component of the layout and it needs to be right.   


I also managed to get the other transition section built yesterday.  I mirrored the other one and all that needs to be done is to add the 1/4" luan piece on the wider end.  Then I just need the Styrofoam top and I'll be ready to bolt it to the other transition and hang them on the upper deck above the other section I hung last week on the lower deck.



The second transition section almost complete.
We had a lot family things to take care of yesterday.  I'm glad I was able to get something done. 

3 comments:

  1. BTW, I can't wait to see this all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try and get a session together for maybe in two weeks. Let me know when you can make it.

    ReplyDelete